” The Lord your God is in the midst of you, a Mighty One, a Savior [Who saves]! He will rejoice over you with joy; He will rest [in silent satisfaction] and in His love He will be silent and make no mention [of past sins, or even recall them]; He will exult over you with singing.” Zep 3:17 (AMP)
Breaking it down
- In His love, God will be silent, satisfied with you and me. WOW.
- He will make NO mention of our past sins.
- He will not even recall or think on them
- He will REJOICE over you and me!
Can you imagine the power available to us and our marriages if we implemented from God’s example?
- Imagine if we focused on being satisfied with our partner. Being satisfied means be fulfilled (requiring nothing more from any other earthly union) and taking pleasure in this fulfillment. Would your husband appreciate knowing that he fulfills you and that you enjoy and take pleasure in him? My SAMM would!
- Imagine if we made NO mention of past hurts and offenses. True forgiveness in other words. Waiving any negative feelings and desire to punish.
- Imagine if we took it one step further and stopped thinking about our husband’s failures and offenses. If I cleared my thinking patterns of a need to recall past hurts, I would have more space to dedicate to creating new memories, focusing on that which is good, admirable and pleasant to God and have that spill over to my life and time with my husband!
- Imagine if you and I made it a priority to be very happy, to delight in and over our husbands. Taking time (in prayer) to thank God for every good and honourable characteristic and action from your husband. Being thankful for the men that God has called to us! Offer our husbands praise and encouragement and kind words.
Wow. Imagine that.
Marriages transformed by Godly example to love, forgive, enjoy and delight in our husbands!
I hope that my marriage (and yours) will be transformed today by the truth of God’s love for us and the compelling realisation that HIS love creates change, transformation and restoration no matter what the current state of your love, life and marriage. It start with us reading and embracing God’s Word, ladies! It start here.
Thanks for sharing my Cuppa.
** Definitions from Wikitionary.